Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Backdated post- May 17, 2010: Mothers Day/ Cousins!

Mothers Day/ Cousins!

This is awesome. I couldn’t have planned this better if I tried because I couldn't have imagined it better. On Mothers’ Day, Ilan and Patricia announced they are having a baby this fall! They told their parents first and then us today. I am SO HAPPY for them. I also can't believe we spent a whole week together in March and I never picked up on it. Patricia was so good at hiding it - I had no idea! What fantastic news.

I am also thrilled for Fran and Dov. Although they are more traditional than myself and David, and because of superstition I don’t think they want to get too worked up just yet- but still, you can tell they are super excited to be grandparents. Fran wants to be called Abuelita and Dov is going to be Saba. I love it!

So of course I am thrilled, but what really makes me giddy- literally grinning grin from ear to ear like a silly teenager in love, is the fact that our child will grow up with a super cool NYC-savvy cousin so close in age. Even if they don’t live in the same state, our child will have a fantastic older (by a whopping two months!) cousin to share all kinds of experiences with. They will have common interests and likes and fears- and they will be able to relate to each other better than anyone else in the world. Will they be two cute girls playing dolls and dress up? Will they be boys throwing a baseball in the backyard? Or perhaps a boy and a girl- the best of both worlds! I guess time will tell.

So check it out... here is my niece-or-nephew-to-be AND our baby's cool older cousin!


We have decided to share our news with all of our parents on Fathers’ Day weekend because everyone will be together for the day. I can’t wait- this fall/winter is sure going to be an exciting few months!

No comments: