Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Backdated post- August 6, 2010: Telling Our Grandparents

Telling Our Grandparents
(Great-Grandparents-To-Be)
I knew that our grandparents would be excited when we told them our news, but I was unprepared for the tidal wave of emotions the news would elicit from everyone involved. There was shock, delight, excitement, gratitude, hope... there were tears and hugs and phone calls.

We were invited down to Florida to attend the wedding of two of the blog’s biggest fans, Rachel and Allan, and the timing was perfect to also tell the grandparents about our news (their wedding will be in a separate post).

We arrived late Thursday night and spend the evening in Sunrise. On Friday morning, we told Sara and Joe, (David’s grandparents) that they were going to be great grandparents again. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so what is a video worth? Check it out...







Later that evening, we went to Ruth and Paul (my mom’s parents) and told them our news.





Then we called Rona and Donald (my dad’s parents) who were in Vermont for the month, and told them. This will be the first great grandchild on my side of the family and within minutes the house phone and my cell phone were ringing off the hook! I guess good news travels fast.



No comments: