Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Backdated post- June 16, 2010: Home Inspection and a Sonogram

Home Inspection and 9-Week Sonogram

What a day. This morning we had our home inspection and this afternoon I had my first real OB appointment. Oh, and in between, I treated myself to a pedicure. Start to finish, it was a helluva Wednesday.

Our inspection was to begin at 9 AM and in theory we could sleep in- but I was too excited. I was up at 6:30 ready to start the day. The inspection was educational, and except for a few minor plumbing and electrical issues, we learned that the house is in really great shape. We could tell the previous owner had really cared for his home and we’re more excited than ever to move in and make it ours!

I dropped David at the metro and relaxed with a pedicure which was quite a mid-week treat.

Then it was time for my 9-week appointment. lt wasn’t with a reproductive endocrinologist, or with a nurse checking to see how my beta is rising, but a completely normal every-woman-has-one-of-these regular ol’ appointments. It’s nice to be normal finally. There was a minute in the waiting room where I panicked and thoughts about the absolute worst crept into my head- but I pushed those thoughts aside and tried to relax a little. But there was no need to worry. As my exam started, we quickly saw this happy little nugget wiggling and waving at us. With a strong heartbeat and visible arms and legs beginning to form, he/she was right on track! I was told that everything looked great and that I would be due around January 19th. I had some blood work drawn and chatted with the doctor for a few more minutes, I was given instruction for setting up my 1st Trimester Screening and was on my way.


Kind of difficult to tell this is going to be a person one day, but apparently this is what everything is supposed to look like at this point.

I picked David up from the metro in the evening and we celebrated over Chinese food. I showed him the sonogram photos and we talked about work, the baby and the house. With bellies full of dumplings and dan-dan noodles, we went home happy about and excited for the future.

No comments: