Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Backdated post- June 14, 2010: Under Contract!

Under Contract!

We are officially under contract! We are going to buy a house in Bethesda, a four-bedroom rambler (high-ranch? ranch with a full basement?) and it's beautiful.

I am super excited, but also a little nostalgic. Tonight I took a look around our place and was struck by how many things I am actually going to miss about our condo. Not the kitchen or the pool- but the place itself. This is where I feel in love with David, where we’ve had so many special moments- holidays with family, evenings with friends, quiet moments of celebration and struggle. I know that we have many years of making new memories to look forward to, but I couldn’t help but think about the last 4 years in this place. They have been the most amazing and fulfilling years of my life. This condo was where I first told David that I loved him, where he proposed to me, where I cared for him after his broken arm in Sun Valley. It is where we worried about jobs and lawsuits and money and sickness. It is where we supported each other through fertility treatments and where David held me and let me cry for hours after our miscarriage. It is where we celebrated new jobs and certifications and raises and birthdays and anniversaries and so much more.

I know that the best is yet to come, but I can’t help but think about where we’ve come from, and how much has happened in this little home of ours. Still, life goes on and we have so much to look forward to. I cannot wait to get into our new beautiful house and begin this next chapter of our lives, make new memories and celebrate new milestones.

No comments: