Friday, September 3, 2010

Backdated post- June 8, 2010: Where I begin to really overshare.

Where I begin to really overshare.

I know this is going to be an overshare, so feel free to skip this post if you want... I wont mind... or ever know. Still, it must be asked: Seriously, people, what is up with all the peeing?

I’ve gotten sick a few times, no big deal. I kind of expected it. But this little nugget is barely the size of a blueberry. HOW can it be making me visit the ladies room so damn much? I used to sleep through the night like champ. Now? It’s 3:30 AM and I’m doing the 50-yard dash in my pj's. What gives?

After a quick search of the almighty Google, I found out that the amount of blood in my body is increasing by quite a bit already and a lot of extra fluid being processed by my kidneys ending up in my bladder. Makes sense, I guess. And here is a fun fact: You pee more often during the night because when you lie down, some of the fluid that you retained in your legs and feet during the day makes its way back into your bloodstream and eventually into your bladder. Also, small as the changes may be, my growing uterus is putting some pressure on my bladder giving it less room to store urine. Oh Internet, you are so useful! (You are also filled with all kinds of scary things to make me think this kid is going to be born with 16 toes and 3 arms, but how Google is my ‘Frenemy’ is a while other post.)

So yeah, I’ve been peeing a lot. And I’ve gotten sick a few times. And I fall asleep around the time most 4th graders are going to bed (although I stayed up until midnight one day this week to see a concert!), but overall I have to say that I feel great. And also? Pretty darn lucky.

No comments: