Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Backdated post- August 3, 2010: Going Public

Going Public
I started telling a few coworkers about the baby this week and it is really fun to finally share the news with the folks I see every day. Of course people were excited and congratulated me. They also asked how I was feeling, so I took a minute to think and realized that while there were moments of not feeling (or looking) so hot in those first 10 or 14 weeks, now I actually feel pretty good. I literally woke up one day and was like, “Hey, I like steak again! I can stay up past 9:30 PM! I’m not crying at Hallmark commercials anymore! Nice!”

They say the second trimester is often called the best time of pregnancy. I am trying to really enjoy this part of my life, to take it all in and not complain (too much). I want to take in this experience however it comes and enjoy it, because it’s not going to come often or last forever. I’m sure that by December I will look back at this entry and laugh because it will probably feel like I have been pregnant for decades- but right now I am enjoying the anticipation of feeling that first flutter of movement, the extra energy I have now, the quiet times David and I spend talking about names for the baby, planning the nursery and the house we are about to buy.

No comments: