Friday, October 29, 2010

28 weeks!

Well, we are in our third trimester little one. You continue to get stronger; your gentle nudges have turned into some pretty strong kicks. I sometimes call you my little ninja. You can't seem to sit still for long, you must get this from me.

You are also getting bigger..and so am I. You have started to feel heavy this week and I've noticed a slight shift in my balance. My bigger belly has thrown off my posture, and on top on that, the hormone relaxin is loosening up my joints- so I'm trying to be more careful reaching for things and I'm also holding on to the elliptical machine at the gym. (Because let's face it: for a former gymnast, I'm surprisingly kind of a klutz)



I passed my Gestational Diabetes test this week (wahoo!) and I have to admit that overall, I feel really good. My hips do hurt a little, but taking a warm shower before bed, doing some stretches and propping myself up with pillows at night seems to be helping. I make a sort of pillow fortress around me each night- one behind me, one between my knees and one in front of me. David has almost given up on a) having any space for himself in the bed and b) a kiss goodnight. Instead, we've been giving each other a high-five over the mountain of support pillows strategically placed around me. The space issue? Well some things are just not my problem :)

I'm really looking forward to our long weekend in Chicago. Of course we are going to NJ and NY for Thanksgiving, but this will be our last vacation as a couple before we become a family.

No comments: