Monday, November 8, 2010

A whole post about snoring. You're welcome.

So apparently the secret to a happy marriage involves Breathe Right nasal strips. You know, those funny looking "spring-like" bands you put over your nose? Best. Invention. Ever.

Apparently my recent (and still lingering) cold, combined with cruising along into my third trimester has resulted in some snoring. According to David, a lot of snoring actually (poor guy). Let's face it, people who know me can attest that I'm not exactly a quiet person to begin with- and this apparently extends to my snoring as well. It's so loud it even wakes me up!

David has tried to be a good sport- but ultimately after waking up a few times, one of us ends up schlepping to another bedroom in the middle of the night and nobody gets a good night's sleep. Something had to be done- and separate bedrooms for the next 2 1/2 months was not an option. Enter the Breathe Right strips.

Sure, I look like a football player and yes, they are one-time use only so I will be buying them in bulk from now on, but! they! work! So far we've both made it through the night without incident. I'm still getting up a few times to reposition myself and my pillow fortress or go to the bathroom, etc but overall I think we are both more rested and happiness has returned to our little home.

No comments: