Friday, October 8, 2010

Backdated post- October 8, 2010: 25 Weeks! (Ovo and Acid Reflux)

25 weeks! (Also known as the Ovo and Acid Reflux post)

I'm almost at the end of these backdated posts. Last weekend we went to see Ovo, a Cirque du Soleil show at the National Harbor with a David’s coworkers. The show was really cool – the following pictures are not my own but can give you an idea for the beautiful costumes and acrobatic performances.


The promotional poster for the show



The "butterfly" act


This was my favorite act, the ants! "The hardest working insects in the community are the bright red Ants. As soon as they’re awake they spend their day gathering food: On the menu today – kiwis and corn. But it’s not all work. They play with their food, too – with their feet – in an astonishing display of precision juggling that climaxes with ants juggling ants."



Acrosport


Slackwire

As far as how I’m doing… overall everything is great! I’m starting to experience some heartburn/acid reflux which I’m not thrilled about but I am also not exactly surprised. I’ve had it so easy… something was bound to come up sooner or later. I have been reading that the extra progesterone in my body can relax the valve that separates my esophagus from stomach, allowing gastric acids to seep back up- thus causing a rather unpleasant burning sensation. And the fun doesn’t stop here- later in the pregnancy, the growing baby basically crowds the abdominal cavity, pushing the stomach acids back up into the esophagus. So Tums are my bff for now. C'est la vie

No comments: