Monday, August 30, 2010

Backdated post- May 7, 2010: The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

Dude. Tom Petty Was Right, The Waiting Is The Hardest Part. To say I’ve been emotional this week would be an understatement. Of colossal proportion. Also? Babies are stalking me. No joke. Everywhere I turn… BABIES! I have another few days before I will know for sure, but if I’m not pregnant, the universe is playing some kind of mean-ass joke on me.

It's been pretty nice out these days, and with David working downtown- we've been going out on Friday nights in DC. Tonight after work, David and I walked around Eastern Market and had dinner at this cute French bistro. On the walk from the market to the restaurant, we passed another restaurant that was holding a children’s music event. There were a zillion families with babies ranging from itty bitty to about kindergarten age all singing and clapping and eating and having fun. It was adorable but whoa-thats-a-whole-lotta-babies and another reminder of how much we want to be a part of that group ourselves. My uterus literally ached watching them… or… was that an implantation cramp? As we ate dinner at the bistro’s outdoor patio, families departing from the event walked by and I lost count at 50 babies.

Seriously, babies are stalking me. Don’t believe me? There's even a movie called 'Babies' coming out this month and their aggressive marketing campaign has shown up in as ads in my newspaper, articles my magazines and commercials on my TV programs. I see babies on the metro smiling at me, at Costco and even at work. GAH! Yes... I realize it’s normal to see children in public but I swear the sheer number of babies I have seen this week is unreal. I swear it's a conspiracy. There had better be something going on in there.

No comments: