Friday, April 4, 2008

Today is Jerry’s 13th Birthday!

This morning I said that since he is 13, he should start studying for his Bar-Mitzvah. But then I realized in his world, this would have happened 12 years ago.




To get an idea for how old Jerry is to a person like you and me, I tried to look up how to convert cat years to human years. This was more difficult than I thought it would be. I found all sorts of charts and formulas. After much browsing it seems that most recommend that 1 cat year = between 4 and 6 human years.



Basically, a one year old cat has the same maturity as a 15 year old human, and a two year old cat has the same maturity as a 25 year old person. After that, each calendar year a cat ages is the equivalent of 4 human years.



So the way most charts go, I think Jerry is about 68-70 in human years. Is there kitty AARP?



Anyway- Happy Birthday Jerry!

No comments: