Friday, April 4, 2008

Jesse Blaze Snider WILL Rock The Cradle!

MTV has a new show called Rock the Cradle, where the sons and daughters of musical icons compete for a record deal. (At least I think that’s the prize. They weren’t very clear about the actual prize…but I’m getting off track here.)

The premise of the show is basically…Do the children of rock stars have the same “musical DNA” as their parents? Each week, the contestants perform and receive scores from the judges: singer Belinda Carlisle, choreographer Jamie King, stylist June Ambrose and business manager Larry Rudolph (Yes, that guy. The one who finally committed Britney).

The contestant with the highest score will be safe from elimination and automatically move on to the next round. The rest of the contestants are voted on by the viewers.



Obviously I am a bit biased here. My favorite, and the clear winner of this whole show is my brother's best friend Jesse Snider.

Jesse and Brian (and me) grew up around the block from each other, and have remained close friends despite living in different cities. Brian was in Jesse's wedding this past summer and is going out to LA to see the show next week.



The other contestants are:


A'Keiba Burrell is the daughter of MC Hammer (Stop…hammer time!)


Landon Brown is the son of Bobby Brown (Nope, Whitney is not his mother)


Lara Johnston is the daughter of Tom Johnston (Doobie Brothers)


Chloe Lattanzi is the daughter of Olivia Newton-John (Grease!)


Crosby Loggins is the son of singer Kenny Loggins (My way to the Danger Zone!)


Jesse Money is the daughter of Eddie Money (I’ve got…two tickets to paradise!)


Jesse Snider is the Son of Dee Snide (Twisted Sister- hello!? We’re not gonna take it)


Lil B. Sure, whose real name is Albert J. Brown IV, is the son of Al B. Sure (You do know this guy, just listen to his song Nite and Day)


Lucy Walsh is the daughter of Joe Walsh (Eagles guitarist- Hotel California!)

This week, the contestants selected songs that define their relationship with their mom or dad. On Thursday’s show, Jesse performed Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll."

Both David and I had serious reservations about anyone tackling a song like that- but I have to say that Jesse KILLED it. You could see Dee and Suzette (and was that Cheyenne?) rockin out to his performance. Although the judges were mixed on the performance, Jesse is definitely going to be safe and is (of course) my horse in this race.

See for yourself:





The show airs Thursday nights at 10 PM

I think Jesse’s biggest competition is Lucy Walsh- the girl worked it and actually won the safe spot this week. But Jesse is still my fav by far.

So watch this week and vote for Jesse Snider! (and not the other Jesse)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for Jesse.