Monday, December 1, 2008

Hills West 10-year Reunion

The Friday after Thanksgiving was my High School 10-year reunion. When I got the save-the-date in the mail earlier this year, I could hardly believe that it had been an entire decade since our days at Hills West. Time has really flown by!

After a little back and forth about whether or not to go or to bring David we both went. While we didn't have the best turnout for the event, I am definitely glad I attended. I loooved high school, and it was great to catch up with people I had lost touch with and see all those familiar faces again.

David was an incredibly good sport and hung in there for three and a half hours of frantic shrieking hugging and picture taking. The man is a friking saint.

Our night began when Hayley came to my mom's house and picked us up. I had not seen her since her wedding and it was great to relax with her before the reunion insanity really began.



We met up with Loni and got drinks at Four Food Studio and Cocktail Salon in Melville. With its four-season design concept, the place not only has different rooms to celebrate the seasons- but the menu changes every 13 weeks as well to feature local and seasonal ingredients.

Then it was time to hit up the reunion.

First of all- big shout out to Allan who is a fan of the blog. Your picture with David didn't come out great, so I'm not posting it. Rachel's picture however, came out great. It is one of the pictures below.



So lemme tell you a few things about my buddy Brad: 1) I've known him since we were toddlers; 2) He is brilliant; 3) He is hysterically funny; 4) I don't see him nearly enough. I was very excited to spend time with him, introduce him to David and catch up for a while.



Another person I was very excited to see again is Stephanie. She and I were the "voices of Hills West" senior year. She is just as gorgeous as ever and a ton of fun to hang out with.



The reunion was kind of a hectic night- it would have been impossible to have a real conversation with everyone there. So I'm very happy Cristina and I had a chance to catch up earlier in the month when she was in Virginia for her sister's wedding. In addition to maintaining her amazing style and wicked sense of humor, she now has a great husband and two amazingly adorable kids.


I wish I had more pictures to post. Here is a nice one of Jim, Loni, Hay and John


Rachel and Kim looking gorgeous as ever.

Like I said earlier- I am SO GLAD I went, but for what we paid (about $85/person) I was hoping for ... a little... more I guess. I would have happily traded in the DJ and about half the buffet for an open bar. I didn't have much time to go to the room where the Hills East reunion was being held, but it was very nice to see some of them again too.

It was great to see Anwar B, Kim B, Selena B, Nancy B, John B, Lauren C, Stephanie C, Janine D, Tim D, Josh E, Danielle F, Elyse F. Brian G, Monique H, Jim M, Michelle K, Rachel K, Cristina K, Justin K, Will K, Eric L, Hayley M, Rob M, Marissa M, Russ M, Marissa N, Anna N, Sharleen R, Jenene R, Brad R, Annette S, Laura S, Carolyn S, Brett V, Loni W, and Jamie W and so many more! If I leave you out of my recap, I'm so sorry. A lot of the night was a blur of hugs and rushed conversations. I wish I had more time to spend with all of you.

No comments: