Monday, September 8, 2008

Brooke and Brian tie the Knot!

This weekend we were in New Jersey for Brooke and Brian’s wedding weekend.

I had originally wanted to call this post: “Seriously, a hurricane?!” but I thought that since Broke remained positive throughout the entire weekend, I would do so as well. I mean, we weren’t going to let a little rain ruin anything.



We kicked things off Friday night with a rehearsal dinner at The Grand Café in Morristown. It was great to see Amanda, Kevin and Andrea and of course, the Bride-and-Groom-to-be.






Kevin gave a very sweet toast and everyone had a great night.

On Saturday morning, Amanda dropped me off at Brookelake Country Club for hair, makeup and pictures while she and the Rubins caught up on all the delicious Cosi they’ve been missing out on since moving to Atlanta.


Gettin dolled up for the big day. I've never had makeup airbrushed before.


Isn't she a calm and happy bride?


putting on the veil


There were a lot of buttons on that dress!

Once Goodie, his groomsmen and family arrived, pictures started. Unfortunately, so did the rain and wind.


Hangin' with the other men in my life, Ruby and Goodie (don't tell my husband, ha!)


Bride and Groom



After signing the Ketubah, we got the show on the road! Special thanks to Amanda for taking such great pics of the ceremony. I was having camera separation anxiety, but I knew it was in good hands.


Kevin walking down the aisle


Here comes the Groom!


me!


Here comes the Bride!

I feel like a successful cocktail hour must have "The Three P's" which include the following three components: pass-arounds, pigs in a blanket and plenty of bartenders. This one had all three and the added bonus of a mashed potato station! yum!


Amanda and David enjoying the evening


First Dance



David and I have been to a LOT of weddings, and without a doubt, this wedding had the greatest cake-topper I have ever seen… custom made Brooke and Brian Wedding bobbleheads! Complete with Murphy, their dog.


it really looked like them!



The band was amazing, the room was beautiful and we had so much fun at the wedding. On Sunday morning we headed to the Westin Governor Morris Hotel for a post-nuptial brunch.



We spent some more time with the wedding party, wished Brooke and Brian a great honeymoon in Thailand and hit the road for home. (We got to Maryland with no traffic at all- I really love driving after Labor Day Weekend!)

It was a beautiful and happy weekend, Mazel Tov to Brooke and Brian. Thanks for making us a part of your special day, we had a fantastic time!

No comments: