Monday, May 19, 2008

Visit from the E's and Marin's recital

Fran and Dov came to visit us for a low-key and lovely weekend. They arrived late Friday evening after battling turnpike traffic and the rain. It was great to see them and show off all of the work we’ve done on the place since their last visit.


Saturday was relaxing- Fran and Dov went to temple in the morning and in the afternoon, they gave Jerry his birthday present – squeaky toy mice!


At first he didn’t seem too interested in opening his gift. I think it’s because I woke him up.


He seemed to gain interest quickly...


...and in a few minutes, we think whe really liked them.


So as not to hurt our feelings, Fran and Dov brought us presents as well. We got matching mugs with our names on them and a beautiful set of Shabbat candles with a matching trivet.


We watched a little bit of baseball in the afternoon and sat out on the balcony enjoying the springtime weather. That evening we had a great dinner at Addies, one of my favorite places. I will update this post with pictures from dinner in a bit. I forgot my camera (gasp!) so Fran used hers.

David took me to this restaurant for one of our very first dates, and going here always reminds me of those first months of dating and falling in love. We really enjoy all the restaurants owned by the Black Restaurant Group and have never had a bad meal at any of their establishments.



Addie's Restaurant and Black Market Bistro both feature New American cuisine, and are located in Rockville and Garrett Park respectively. Black's Bar & Kitchen features modern American seafood and is located in Bethesda. Finally, BlackSalt Fish Market & Restaurant serves contemporary American seafood and is located on MacArthur Blvd in DC.




We went to Houston’s (a perennial favorite of ours) for brunch on Sunday. As always, it was very yummy. I think David might actually turn into a smoked salmon some day- he loves that dish!

After a great brunch and accompanying us on some house hunting, the parents hit the road and I went to see Marin’s dance recital.





She performed in two dances in the show. The first was a tap soft shoe/jazz dance to a Hannah Montana song and the second was a tap dance to Marsie Dotes (remember that old song?).


I couldn't take picture during the performance so here is Marin with Hunter after the show. I’m totally biased here, but I think Marin was the best one in the whole damn group. It was very cute.


Ellen and I compared pink shirts and our matching accessories.





It was also good to see Fara and Hunter before they depart for their 10th anniversary cruise. I know they’ve been looking forward to it for a while and it sounds like it will be an amazing trip.

Their 12-day cruise will visit Greece (Athens, Santorini, Patmos) Turkey (Kusadasi) Israel (Haifa, Jerusalem) Egypt (Cairo, Alexandria) and Italy (Sorrento and Rome)



Happy 10th Anniversary and Bon Voyage!

No comments: