Monday, January 28, 2008

Somebody's Getting Married....

This weekend we were in NJ and NY

On Saturday, I met up with Brooke and a few of her bridesmaids to try on dresses. Thank goodness for GPS, because the roads of New Jersey are not my friends.

Despite some very different body-types and skin colorings, I think we managed to find some fantastic gowns and come to a consensus on our top picks. No pictures here… it’s got to be a surprise, people!



While I was involved with my taffeta and satin, David spent time with his parents and picked up a few things for our upcoming ski trip. Thanks Fran and Dov!

Later that afternoon, David and I drove to Long Island and set up mom’s new wine fridge before meeting Hayley and Shawn for an engagement celebration dinner.


setting up the wine fridge


Judy and her birthday present



It was so great to see Hay and Shawn. They’ve set a date for their wedding, November 1st, and I can’t wait. It’s going to be so beautiful. Only 278 days to go!




The waiter brought them a whole platter of desserts!


awww

It was a great weekend and we look forward to celebrating with Brooke and Brian & Hayley and Shawn this fall.


With zero traffic and lots of good luck on Sunday, we made it back to Maryland in record time…four hours and ten minutes.