Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Hardcore Bro

On October 11th, my brother Brian competed in the PBR Urban Dirt Triathlon in Tempe, Arizona.



This was no ordinary triathlon, it was a sprint distance triathlon in the dirt and over hills. Athletes started in Tempe Town Lake for a 1/2 mile swim, then mountain biked through Papago Park for 12.4 miles, ran the trails throughout Papago for 3.1 miles before finishing the race on a giant Slip-N-Slide.

I am so proud of my baby bro for totally KICKING ASS (sorry for the cursing grandma, but he did!) at this event. Brian finished a very respectable 18th in his division and 130th overall. Don't believe me? Check out the results here.



This was my brother's first ever tri sprint, and he trained very hard for it. He competed with his friend Noah (finished 210th), Noah's friend Kevin (finished 158th) and Noah's dad Marc (finished 201st). Here is a group pic before the race. Congrats to all of you guys!

No comments: