Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hangin' out with the girls

I had a bit of a "girls weekend" over the last few days, and caught up with a lot of the women I was long overdue to see.

On Friday night I met up with Jenn for drinks at Zola and then a restaurant-week dinner with some of her friends at D'Acqua Restaurant. I had not seen Jenn since election night and as always, it was fantastic to see her and catch up. She is starting a wine club so please let me know if you are interested in attending any tastings in the DC area and stay tuned for future posts about her events.



On Saturday I visited Freya and Jason who had a beautiful baby girl last week. Jolie Logan Markowitz was born on February 11th and could not be more adorable. She is very loved by her big sister Hayden.




sisters



The day turned into a mini college reunion when Lainee, Danny and Melissa showed up that afternoon. Freya, Lainee, Mel and I were in the same sorority in college, and it was great to see them. Melissa is getting married this summer and Lainee and Danny are due with their first baby next month.





On Sunday, Kathy and I met for lunch at Tabasco Restaurant in Rockville. This is a wonderful little family-owned and family-run Mexican spot on the outskirts of Rockville. I cant wait to bring David here.



Another fabulous lady I wasn't able to see this week but absolutely qualifies as long overdue for a get-together is Amanda. We picked a weekend to get together this spring and I cant wait to see her!

You may be asking, "Whats with the logos? Where are the pictures of Jenn or Kathy? Where on Earth is David?!" David (and the camera) is roughing it on a business trip in Hawaii this weekend. A 'guest blogger' post from him will come soon. He went on a hike and promised that he took many beautiful photos of the island. He will be home tomorrow night.

No comments: